Energy Saving Tips
Making simple changes can boost your home’s value. To make your home more energy efficient:
1. Check for air leaking around doors.
2. Close the air vents in rooms not in use.
3. Keep heat producers far from your thermostat in summer.
4. Clean your furnace and air conditioner filters monthly.
5. Operate large appliances during low-use periods in summer.
6. Replace deficient insulation and inefficient appliances.
7. Don't use the Emergency Heat setting on your thermostat unless you have to.
8. When adjusting your thermostat, only adjust up or down by 2-4 degrees at a time.